Where not to store your 9-volt batteries:
- In drawers with metal and flammable materials.
- With other batteries, key, paper clips, and change.
- Christmas Bins or tool boxes near steel wool.
Where to properly store your batteries:
- Stored in original packaging until use.
- If stored place piece of electrical tape or masking tape over the exposed post. (pictured above)
Where to throw away your 9-volt batteries:
- Do not throw away with other trash.
- Some states and towns offer collection sites for hazardous household waste such as batteries.
- Contact your city or state officials to determine the best way to dispose of these items.