11 Jun Q&A with Kevin Oakley, Chairman & CEO: What makes EMERG+NC Property Rescuers Unique?
Please describe EMERG+NC Property Rescuers?
- EMERG+NC Property Rescuers is a specialty property damage contracting business…
- Our name says exactly who we are and what we do.
- Residential or commercial property damage can come from Water, Flood, Mold, Fire, Wind or Bio-hazard events
What makes EMERG+NC Property Rescuers unique?
- Unlike every similar company that we are aware of, EMERG+NC Property Rescuers is a ‘direct to consumer’ insurance damage claim service provider.
- Customer’s call us because we are, local, family owned business with high credibility. We’re credible, trustworthy, empathetic and most of all ethical.
Don’t companies similar to EMERG+NC Property Rescuers do the same thing?
- We do not participate in national preferred vendor programs or third party administrated contractor programs. Every other business does.
- We have no ‘back-room deal’ with the insurance companies or their proxies (i.e. 3rd party contractor administrators).
- We work directly for our customers (the end user of our services) and receive authorization from them to communicate directly with the insurance companies on their behalf.
- The reward for our services comes from the fair profit margins made by doing the work correctly following the industry standards (the IICRC: Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) a.k.a. ‘The Property Damage Restoration Industry Standards’.
So who do the other companies work for?
- Because Insurance companies are highly regulated, and by law are not allowed to provide property damage contracting services directly themselves.
- To control the process, all insurance companies have created national ‘preferred vendor’ partnerships with large franchise based corporations and/or third party administrative companies (middlemen).
- These middlemen companies agree to provided services to the insurance companies at greatly discounted prices and by agreeing to limit the repairs to a minimum amount.
- These companies work for the insurance companies, not the consumer.
So what happens when a consumer does not use the insurance company’s preferred vendors?
- It is important for residential or commercial consumers to understand that they have the lawful right to hire anyone they choose to perform claim contracting services.
- Insurance companies cannot cause any consumer’s rates to increase on a homeowner policies based on who they chose to work for them.
- Homeowner’s rates are regulated and go up annually as allowed by the state insurance commission, regardless.
So how do consumers know who they should call when an emergency damage event happens?
- Unless a contractor can prove they are not on a insurance company controlled programs, they don’t work for you.
- Unless a contractor can prove they have both General Liability and Contractors Pollutions Liability insurance coverage. they are not properly insured to provide these type of services.
- Statistics show that 90% of all companies that market themselves as insurance claim contractors are improperly insured. EMERG+NC Property Rescuers is fully covered. In additional to General Liability EMERG+NC is covered with an all-in-one contractor’s pollution liability (CPL) policy (General Liability + Fungal, Bacterial and Pollution Liability coverage)
What is a customer’s next step? For property damage emergencies, call 919 EMERG-NC… ‘We’ll Respond in a Heartbeat’